It is difficult for a modern farmer involved in breeding birds to do without such a miracle machine as an incubator.
The incubator is an affordable and reliable machine that allows you to grow the number of young stock on which you expect, regardless of the season.
On the modern market there are a large number of models, different in capacity, functionality and price.
Description of the model, equipment
Incubator "Cinderella" is a universal device, as it received high marks from both experienced farmers and novice poultry farmers. This device is produced in Novosibirsk, "OLSA-Service" company developer and performer in one person produce 12 types of models for hatching chicken and other eggs. The device operates from the mains in 220V, from the battery in 12V, in case of emergency situations - it is possible to maintain the required temperature using hot water. Hot water is poured into a container specially designed for such cases every 3-4 hours, so without the presence of electrical energy, the device is able to work up to 10 hours.
The incubator is made of dense polystyrene foam, which is known for its insulating properties. The heater built into the cover is distributed over its entire area, which ensures uniform temperature distribution across the incubator. The interior of the device is heated with special metal shades.
Learn how to make an incubator from an old refrigerator.The temperature sensor is located on the lid, when the temperature inside the device decreases, the heating is turned on. For additional temperature control, the Cinderella kit includes an electric thermometer powered by a battery.
The package includes:
- swivel device;
- Digital Thermometer;
- a tube by which water is drained from heaters;
- two grids of the rotator;
- six plastic grids;
- nine coasters under the grid;
- four trays for water.
At the moment, three kinds of devices are produced according to the method of turning eggs:
- apparatus with a manual egg roll. The budget model, which usually start amateur breeders. In such a device, the eggs are turned every four hours;
- apparatus with a mechanical turn of eggs. In this device, the egg flip occurs on its own, according to a predetermined time interval, but the process must be controlled for a uniform flip of the eggs;
- apparatus with automatic turning of eggs. The grilles in such a device turn over independently after a predetermined length of time; there is no need to control them.
The models of the Cinderella incubators differ in the number of eggs they contain:
- laying 28 eggs is the smallest, simplest and cheapest version of the incubator. Eggs turn the farmer himself in manual mode. The device is designed for beginner poultry farmers;
- incubator "Cinderella" on 70 eggs with an automatic coup, operating from a 12V battery from the 220V network, is described in detail in the video. This model is considered simple and reliable in operation. The turning device works in the automatic mode. Used for hatching young chickens, ducks and geese.
- incubator "Cinderella" on 98 eggs with an automatic coup, running on a battery in 12V from the mains in 220V, discussed in detail in the video. Very convenient and reliable device designed for the withdrawal of such birds as: chickens, ducks, geese, turkeys, quail. The device with automatic flipping of eggs. Minimum temperature error.
You will be interested to know about the incubation tables of duck and turkey eggs.General specifications for all types of models:
- light weight - about 4 kg;
- grids go for chicken and goose eggs, custom-sized grids are purchased separately (for quails);
- approximate dimensions of the device are 885 * 550 * 275 mm, vary depending on the model;
- economical power consumption - about 30 watts;
- power supply - 220V;
- the presence of three built-in electric heaters, each poured into one liter of water.
When buying, be sure to check the equipment of the incubator. At home, you need to assemble the device, prepare it for work and test the readings that show the measuring devices, special attention should be paid to temperature indicators. Check with a thermometer you trust.
According to the instructions, the household “Cinderella” incubator should be placed in a place where it is guaranteed fresh air, free access to ventilation openings and a room temperature in the range from + 20 ° С to + 25 ° С.
Important! It is strictly prohibited to use the incubator without filling the heating elements with water!It is not allowed to place the device in a draft, in the place of direct sunlight, with temperature indicators below + 15 ° С and above + 35 ° С.
Before using the device, it is necessary to familiarize yourself with the safety rules and observe all necessary preparatory work:
- the surface on which the incubator will be located must be flat;
- disinfectant needs to handle all removable parts of the unit, its inner part. These works must be repeated before each laying of eggs, after the appearance of chicks;
- Plastic jars are placed on the bottom of the apparatus - their number directly depends on the level of humidity in the room: the drier the more containers;
- containers are filled with water. During incubation, it is necessary to monitor the water level, it is impossible to allow a situation in which the water evaporates completely;
- the plastic lattice is established;
- preferably with the device to purchase a battery for 12V, if it is not included in the kit, connect. When there is a power outage, the device automatically switches to backup power, and this is an additional day of work.
The device lays eggs that are not more than 10 days, which were stored indoors at a temperature of + 12 ° C with a humidity level of up to 80%. For laying eggs are selected clean, with a flat shell, without flaws and growths. With the aid of an ovoskop, eggs with two yolks, with a pronounced yolk, are rejected.
Important! Each time, closing the incubator lid, pay attention to the position of the sensor and temperature sensor.For convenience, the control of egg reversal should be marked with two symbols from different sides, deviations in the work of the coup will be immediately visible.
The incubation process consists of:
- Incubator "Cinderella" is disconnected from the network.
- The lid of the apparatus is removed, water is poured from the heaters, which was used in the preparatory work.
- Laid out eggs on the trellis with the same symbols upwards.
- The lid is returned to the place, the temperature sensor is adjusted (it must be positioned strictly vertically).
- Hot water (+ 90 ° C) is poured into the heaters, one liter in each, the lids are tightly screwed on.
- According to the instruction manual, the temperature sensor and thermometer are fixed.
- If there is a PTZ device, connect to the network.
- After 30 minutes, connect the incubator to the network.
Egg flipping must be done every 4 hours, at least 6 times a day. Two days before the expected date of the appearance of the chicks, the coups stop.
Secrets of the incubation of quail eggs.
Advantages and disadvantages of Cinderella incubators
The advantages of the device include the following qualities:
- easy to use;
- uniform temperature distribution inside the unit;
- maintaining the level of humidity at the proper level;
- lightweight apparatus;
- the ability to work from a battery of 12 volts;
- economical device with the consumption of electrical energy;
- does not take up much space;
- has a high percentage of hatchability of young;
- the cost of the device.
- temperature tracking;
- tracing the process of egg reversal;
- observation of the position of the grids;
- regular disinfection.
Before you determine the device for storage, you should remove the rotator. The next step is to drain the water from the heaters; to do this, you need to flip the lid, open the filling holes and dry the heaters for several days in this position.
Did you know? If the electricity is turned off for a long period of time, and the eggs are laid in the incubator, it is necessary to cover the case with bottles with hot liquid. Such a simple procedure will allow to maintain the required temperature in the incubator.The incubator can be stored in any room at a temperature of + 5 ° C to + 40 ° C with a humidity of not more than 80%.
Possible faults and their removal
- Reducing the temperature in the device when you open the lid. The temperature sensor may have shifted, adjust the temperature sensor so that it occupies a vertical position. Follow the operation of the incubator.
- The thermostat indicator does not turn off or does not turn on at any position of the temperature control knob. The most likely cause of failure is the failure of the thermostat, it needs to be replaced.
- Continuous heater operation or heater does not turn on. The most likely cause of failure is the failure of the thermostat, it needs to be replaced.
Did you know? In case of malfunction of the thermostat from the mains during incubation, but during normal operation from the battery, connect both the incubator and the charger to the battery (setting the charging current to 2A). In this position, the device can work for quite a long time, which will give you the opportunity to resolve the problem.The budget apparatus "Cinderella" is suitable for novice farmers, making their first steps in breeding young animals, and experienced poultry farmers. The presence of models with different modifications involves choosing the right device. Unique contingency protection will help preserve the incubation material and get healthy chicks.